gilest.org: about; archive; photos; topics
Giles Turnbull's home page
the last hand-coded site on the internet
Exploring radio, exploring audio, exploring Proteus.
A pen-portrait for The Morning News:
"Now for the window. Examine it. Brush away loose dirt and cobwebs, press momentarily on the frame to be sure the window itself is firmly in place. Oh yes, that’s happened before—entire windows have fallen inwards, or sometimes outwards, at the slightest touch. After a while, you learn to spot the houses where it might be a problem. You learn to check. There’s good glass and bad glass. Stay away from bad glass."
In which I write about transport, badly. Sometimes I also mention bad transport.
Previously in 2013
- Weak note, 22nd November
- Weak note, 8th November
- Some photography at the Sprint Share event run by GDS
- A film for the GDS Sprint Share event, highlighting success on the Digital Transformation project to date
- Spies like them, silly spying satire for The Morning News
- My blue room, a personal tale of love, infertility treatment, and a bizarre experience with a small plastic pot
- From beyond the grave, Halloween japes for The Morning News
- Weak note, October 25th
- Networking with your bank manager, my column in use at the Herts and Essex Observer
- Weak note, October 18th - the first of my weak notes
- Using GeekTool to maintain a things-to-think-about list
- A few days in Turkey, photos and thoughts from a short summer break
- Meet the Assisted Digital team, another video for the Government Digital Service
- Alpha in a day, a short film for the Government Digital Service
- Songs in the key of Eno, some thoughts about singing for The Morning News
- Videos explaining assisted digital for the Government Digital Service
- A conversation about privacy
- Lord of all he downloads, my column as used by the Herts Mercury
- The internet of actual things, the stuff of nightmares, or a nightmare of stuff? For The Morning News
- The stag party, a little vignette from the train
- Backstage with Kraftwerk, another little bit of gentle pop satire
- A series of videos to accompany the Government Digital Service Manual
- An interview with Belinda Carlisle
- Games kittens play, includes how to chase your own tail, for The Morning News
- Putting the digit into digital, my column as used by the Herts Mercury
More in the archive.
The gorjuss mailing list
Interesting links delivered fresh to your inbox. Links like these.
Send email to email@example.com. Please do, I like email.
I'm on Twitter: @gilest.
Call me: 07939 127917
(Last update: 29th November 2013)