Skip to content
10 January 2020
- I’m a radio DJ now
- That’s the main thing I’ve been thinking about this week.
- Spent far too much time this week trying to get minor problems with our car sorted out. You wouldn’t think anyone would need 2+ hours and 2 trips to Halfords to change a headlight bulb, would you? But here I am.
- Discovered how to grab RSS feeds for YouTube channels, which is good because I’ve never subscribed to a YouTube channel and have no wish to start doing so. In short: grab the channel ID from the URL (the random string that comes after /channel), paste it at the end of https://www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=, and put the URL you’ve created into your feed reader. Bingo! I needed to do this so that I can keep up with Stella the talking dog.
- DO LESS.
- New albums out soon from Pet Shop Boys and Wire, something to look forward to.
- In order to get away from The Politics last year, and because I’ve never seen a single episode of it on the telly, I’ve started reading the first book of the Games of Thrones series. So far, so violent, but getting into the story after a few hundred pages. I mean, winter’s always coming for someone, when you think about it.