About Giles Turnbull
Hello, my name is Giles and I like the internet.
- Founder: Use the human voice, helping organisations communicate more like humans do
- Author: The agile comms handbook
- Creator: Working in the open training course
- Editor: Content Design and Content Transformation
- Supporter of The Low Carbon Design Institute and Trees for life
Previously, I was:
- Part of the creative communications team at the UK’s Government Digital Service
- A freelance writer about all things Apple and internetty
- A technology journalist and syndicated columnist
Read my CV for more detail.
Other interests include walking, exploring, reading, radio broadcasting, listening to music, learning Welsh 🏴 (I’m not very good), geology, beaches, Byzantine history, cooking, urban architecture and design, photography, transport, maps, making things with wood, and snoozing on the sofa.
My Twitter account is archived and searchable at twitter.gilest.org. Try searching for “GDS” or “beach” or “Marmite”.
Preferred pronouns: he/him.