4 October 2019
- Feeling better than last week. Have not left the house much for a few days. Really really craving lots of fresh air.
- Illness aside, I have been doing some work this week, mostly editing. I’ve got better at editing in recent years (largely thanks to what I learned from m’colleagues in the GDS creative team). Editing requires me to be awake, alert, relaxed, creative, focused. It does not work well when I’m caffeinated, tired, stressed, ill or anxious.
- Some phrases I find useful when editing:
- It feels like you mean x, when you’re saying y.
- Try to avoid Civil Servant Speak.
- This sentence is hard to take in, can you split it into 2 sentences?
- You lost me in this section. Might just be me being dim, mind you.
- This feels like the most important bit. Let’s move it up to the top.
- Enjoyed this short film: Yanvalou, by Angeline Gragasin.
- I like how Tim Duschenes makes his website out of Google Docs and a Google Sheet. He suggests that he got the idea from Kathy Wu, and I like her website too.
- Real people with real websites are 10,000 times more interesting than Insta profiles.
- Yorkshire Decaf Tea is very good, for a decaf tea.
- Remember Bobby McFerrin? Don’t worry, be happy etc? Well you should listen to his 1997 album Circlesongs (particularly Circlesong Six) and see what you think.
BIG UP THE RSS MASSIVE